The Celebration Ostomy Support Belt is an elegantly simple design.
Here’s how to wear and care for it.
The Celebration belt is made of a comfortable composite material designed for long life and easy care. Your belt should be hand washed in cool water with a mild detergent and hung to dry.
- The plastic Hernia plate and the plastic stoma shield can be cleaned with a mild detergent and wiped dry.
- To wear the belt you will first affix your adhesive stoma wafer. In a two-part pouch system attach the pouch to the wafer.
- Put the hernia plate into its pocket on the belt.
- Place the belt opening in front of the wafer and pull the pouch through the opening.
- Pull the belt ends around your body to a comfortable snug fit.
- Secure the belt with the Velcro ends.
- The stoma shield may be fitted into the belt over the belt opening to protect the stoma from irritation or trauma.
- Fold the parts of the pouch-stabilizing pocket around the pouch. The belt may be worn this way to reduce the pendulum effect of the pouch when contents are in it.
- When the pouch is empty you may fold the pocket up and secure it with the Velcro strip at the top of the belt.
Note: The pouch will not fill in the folded up position.
© Copyright 2002 - 20010 The Celebration Inc., all rights reserved.